El Sistema Miami (ESMIA) aims to enable Miami's children and youth to acquire values to achieve their full potential, positively affecting their family life and community through the study and practice of classical music.
With El Sistema Miami (ESMIA) social change through music can be done in Miami the El Sistema way. The vision of El Sistema is to see children, especially in underserved communities, gain an opportunity to enrich their lives through music. Music education is accomplished through group efforts including orchestra participation from very early stages, group lessons and peer teaching. The main objective of the program is to create not only outstanding musicians but also great human beings and citizens.
Thank you for your interest in Miami Music Project’s music education program: El Sistema Miami (ESMIA). The application for the upcoming 2014-2015 year will be open from June to August 2014. Please revisit our website at that time for the link to register.
Please keep in mind that registration does NOT guarantee a spot in our program. Availability is based on a variety of factors, including age, experience and orchestra availability.
Becoming a member of the El Sistema Miami FAQ
What are the requirements to join the orchestra?
- 1st – 2nd graders accepted at beginning level, 3rd grade and up must have a placement audition. Enrollment for the program begins in the fall of 2014.
- The application for the upcoming 2014-2015 year will be open from June to August 2014. Please revisit our website at that time for the link to register.
- Please keep in mind that registration does NOT guarantee a spot in our program since availability is based on a variety of factors, including age, experience and orchestra availability.
- Instruments can be loaned from Miami Music Project for FREE!
- Currently we have chapter locations in Doral, Liberty City and Little Haiti
- The group music instruction is FREE of charge
- Call us at 786-422-5221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org